Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc
What is Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc?
- Marlborough is a region of New Zealand synonymous with Sauvignon Blanc
- Extremely popular wine globally
- Has only been around since the 1970s
Where is Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc grown?
- Marlborough is a wine growing region in the North-Eastern tip of the South Island of New Zealand
- Sauvignon Blanc grows well here due to its cool climate with shorter growing seasons
- Sauvignon Blanc is original from the Loire Valley in France, especially Sancerre
- Is also grown in Hawke’s Bay, Martinborough and Nelson in New Zealand
What does Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc taste like?
- Fantastic general summertime wine
- Capsicum, tinned peas, asparagus, grapefruit, peach, cut grass
- High acid, low alcohol, light bodied
What food pairs well with Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc?
- Good for spicy dishes and barbecue
- light fresh crisp summertime wine