What is Argentinian Malbec?
- Malbec is the main red grape grown in Argentina
- Is native to South-West France in Cahors, was brought to Argentina in the 1860s
- Due to it’s popularity in the US many people think Malbec is from Argentina
Where is Argentinian Malbec grown?
- Mendoza is the main wine region for Malbec
- Also grown in Salta
- Nicasia and Catena Zapata are the best quality Malbecs
What does Argentinian Malbec taste like?
- Nose of black cherry, blue berry, plum
- Less acid and tannins compared to French Malbec
- Won’t last as long as a French Malbec
What food does Argentinian Malbec go with?
- Grilled meats, beef and lamb