What is Soave?
- Soave is an appellation / DOC region in North-East Italy near Venice
- Contains both Soave DOC and Soave DOC Classico, Classico being the original region from 1968 before being expanded
- Was given its DOCG status in 2002
- Garganega is the bulk of the blend (must be 70% minimum) however can also contain Trebbiano and Chardonnay
- Higher quality Soave wines can age well, developing notes of honey and almonds
- Soave contains old volcanic hills of basalt and limestone, contributing to high minerality, flinty wines