What is Chianti?
- Chianti is a wine region in Tuscany, Italy
- Chianti must be 75% Sangiovese and Chianti Classico must be at least 80%
- Chianti has been a wine region for 300 years, the original boundaries were expanded
- The original boundaries are “Chianti Classico” and the new areas are “Chianti”
- Chianti Classico has a black rooster emblem on the necks of most bottles
- Reserva doesn’t always mean higher in quality
Where does Chianti come from?
- Tuscany has 41 DOCs and 11 DOCGs
- Mediterranean climate
What does Chianti taste like?
- Medium bodied, gripping tannins
- Medium-high acidity
What food pairs well with wine from Chianti?