What is Savagnin Blanc?
- White grape from Eastern-France
- Is not related to Sauvignon Blanc despite the name similarity
- Gewurztraminer is a clone of Savagnin Blanc, Traminer and Savagnin Blanc are the same grape
- Often blended with Chardonnay
Where is Savagnin Blanc grown?
- Jura region in France, which is between Burgandy and Switzerland
- Also grown in Australia, where it was originally mistaken and mislabeled as Albarino
- Is called Heida and Paien in Switzerland
What does Savagnin Blanc taste like?
- Very aromatic
- Nutty, Sherry like
What food pairs well with Savagnin Blanc?
- Roast chicken
- Cream sauce-based dishes
- Comté cheese