What is Marsanne?
- White wine grape from France
- Used in Hermatage blends, Saint Joseph
- Loves a hot climate, is often blended with it’s sister or soulmate grape of Roussanne
Where is Marsanne from?
- Grown in the Northern Rhone Valley in France
- Is also grown in other hot climates such as California or South Australia
- The producer Tahbilk from Victoria Australia is regarded for high quality Marsanne and for having some of the oldest vines in the world
What does Marsanne taste like?
- Very soft and nutty
- Apple, almond, marzipan,
- Extremely low in acid
- Tart stone fruit? Underripe apple or pear
What food goes with Marsanne?
- Baked chicken